The way and advantages of performing Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana
The name of the Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana is made up of a combination of three words: Uttat, Hasta, Pad, and Angushta. Uttat means “lifted”, Pad means foot, hand means hand and thumb means foot’s thumb.
In this article, it has been told about the method of performing the Hasta Padangusthasana and the benefits arising from it. Along with this, it has also been told what precautions to take while doing postures.
Benefits of the excellent Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana
Like every posture, there are many benefits of the aristocratic hand padungusthasana. Some of them are:
- Stretches the legs, knees and ankles and makes them stronger.
- The leg you lift brings a particularly good stretch in the hamstring and hip of that leg.
- It particularly strengthens the leg on which you stand.
- Improves meditation ability.
- Increases your physical balance.
Perform this asana before performing the aristocratic hand palpation
You can do this asana before performing the aristocratic hand padungusthasana, this will open your hamstrings, hips, and thighs in sufficient quantity.
- Raised trikonasana
- Circumscribed triangle
- Raised lateral angle
- Circumflex angle
- Broadcast pseudoscience
Method of performing Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana
We are giving here in detail the method of performing the Hasta Padangusthasana, read it carefully.
- Stand in Tadasana. Breathe in and lift your right leg, bring the knee closer to the abdomen. In this posture, there will be a strain on your right hip. Make sure you balance before taking the next step. Keep the balance on your left leg to maintain balance.
- Now put your left hand on the waist. Then grab the right toe with the right hand and move the right leg forward. Efforts should be made to straighten the legs and raise them as high as possible. Keep in mind that according to your ability, if the leg is not straightened, let it be folded.
- After coming in this posture, if possible, exhale, touch the head at the knee. After doing this, breathe in and out five times in this pose. Then breathe in and raise the head. If it is not possible to touch the head on the knee, then just bend the head and look at the ground, breathe in and out five times and then lift the head.
- Now keep your eyes facing forward and exhale, turn your right leg outward. Rotate to 90 degrees if possible.
- After coming in this posture, rotate the head to the left until your vision is over the left shoulder.
- Overall, breathe in five times and exhale so that you can remain in the posture for 30 to 60 seconds. Gradually as your body starts gaining strength and flexibility, you can increase the time – do not exceed 90 seconds.
- You can come out of this posture after breathing 5 times. To get out of the posture, breathe in and bring the head back towards the front, and then the right leg as well. Once again, keep the head on the knee and bring it back up, this time do not breathe five times.
- Keep the right hand also at the waist, but keep the right leg raised, breathe in and out five times in this posture.
- To finish the posture, lower the right leg, lower both hands also and end in tadasana.
- After doing it on the right side, do all these steps also on the left side.
The easy method of Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana
- You can do this in a few steps, instead of doing the entire Hasta Padangushtasana together. Until you can do this asana completely, stop at step 2 or 3 and take a few breaths. As your strength starts increasing, you can do the rest of the steps.
- It is difficult to maintain balance in this posture. If you have difficulty maintaining balance, you can put one hand on the wall for support.
- If your hamstring is short, then bend your extended leg at the knee, or tie a strap/strap to your leg and hold it, this will make your hamstring less stressed.
What are the precautions to be taken in performing the ardent hand movements
- Those who have trouble with lower back pain, do not perform the exalted hand movements.
- Those who have pain in their ankles, they should also not do the ardent hand movements.
- Do not push beyond your physical capacity.
Asanas after performing the Utthita Hasta Padangusthasana
- Half bound padmottasana
- Veerabhadrasan 1
- Veerabhadrasan 2